Database in Suspect Mode… Frowny Face.

The other day I received a call from a developer telling me that they could not access a particular database in one of our lower environments. After a bit of investigation, I found the database causing the problem, it was in ‘Suspect’ Mode.  Here is what I did to correct the issue.

ALTER DATABASE DatabaseName SET EMERGENCY
GO
ALTER DATABASE DatabaseName SET SINGLE_USER
GO
DBCC CheckDB (DatabaseName , REPAIR)
GO
ALTER DATABASE DatabaseName SET MULTI_USER
GO

Presto, the database was now fully functional and accessible. A very quick fix, to what had the potential to really ruining my Tuesday morning.

Cheerio!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s